I wasn’t feeling my best this weekend. What helped me feel a little better was knowing I had some Strawberry Shortcake Rice Krispie Treats (that’s a mouthful) waiting for me in the fridge. That’s right you read what you thought you read, I made some Strawberry Shortcake Rice Krispies Treats. They have been on my “to make” list forever!
They are quite the treat too. Don’t just take my word for it! Ask my bible study group who raved about them. Yay! I got the recipe from Sweet Treats and More although I switched it up a bit. I love the idea of sweet angel food cake inside of rice krispie treats. Ahh! Don’t get me started.
• 2 ½ cups Rice Krispies Cereal
• 1 cup of Angel Food Cake squares
• 2 ¼ cup of marshmallows
• 1 cup whipping cream
• 1 ½ cup of butter
• 2-3 tbsp of sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
• 1 tsp of vanilla (I didn’t include this)
• 2 cups of diced strawberries
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt marshmallows and butter together. I melted mine a little less than a minute.
- Stir in Rice Krispies Cereal and angel food cake squares. This is where it gets sticky. (A spoon wasn’t doing the job for me, so I used my hands.) Press that mixture into a lightly greased 8 X 8 inch square pan or muffin pan. I placed my first mixture in a pan and the second into a muffin pan. The muffin pan was SO much easier. I added more marshmallow mixing on top. Then sprinkled more Rice Krispies on top of that mixture.
- In another bowl mix the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla until it becomes stiff-like. The only reason I didn’t add vanilla was because I couldn’t find it. It still tasted great though.
- Store the cream and treats in the fridge for about an hour or so.
- Once it’s cold, top the treats with whipping cream and strawberries if you desire.
Thanks for reading!