When I saw what appeared to be a picture of a peanut butter and pretzel sandwich on Pinterest I was sold. I thought, “I have pretzels and peanut butter.” I love when I already have the ingredients. It’s just so convenient. I later discovered they are Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites. Say that three times fast. I can’t stop making them. So let’s just say there’s been a lot of biting into these tasty snacks.
Pretzels (I used Pretzel Crisps)
1 cup of peanut butter
½ cup of sugar
¾ cups of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of butter, softened
Baker’s Dipping Chocolate
(You should be able to make 60 sandwiches.)
1. Prepare a cookie sheet by placing some pretzels on it. (this will be for the bottom of the sandwich)
2. Pour 2 tablespoons of butter into the 1 cup of peanut butter and mash them together.
3. Add the sugars and continue to mash the ingredients until it’s mixed well.
4. Scoop out about a teaspoon of the mixture and roll it into balls. (Some of mine were bigger once I smushed them haha)
6. Freeze them for 30 minutes.
7. Melt the Baker’s Dipping Chocolate in the microwave.
8. Once the pretzel sandwiches are done, dip them in the chocolate halfway. Place them back on the cookie sheet and put it in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes.
9. Eat whenever you want! They won’t last long I promise.
These are better than Nutter Butters! Seriously they are sweet, crunchy and make the perfect snack. I love that they are a bit cold which makes them refreshing. It can get a little messy mixing all the ingredients together, but other than that it was smooth sailing. I can totally see these at a BBQ gathering, party, or sleepover.
Think you’ll try this snack?