I love the oversized-sweater-tucked-into-a-fitted-bottom look. So I thought it was about time to implement this trend in my life. This particular day I woke up feeling adventurous. I literally thought, “how can I wear something that speaks volumes?” I felt spunky and wanted my clothes to reveal that.
This look can be tricky friends. You have to make sure you are wearing the sweater, and the sweater is NOT wearing you. In other words, you need to know what you’re doing! Luckily today I am showing you how I wore this trend, and revealing how you can rock it confidently this spring too. Yay!
Keep scrolling to find out some handy tips.
When: February 16, 2014
Where: Out strolling the town
• Showcase an oversized sweater by tucking it into a fitted bottom; whether it’s jeans, leggings, or a pencil skirt. Otherwise your waist may get lost in the bulky material.
• Wear a fitted jacket or vest. This will balance out the overall look. (I showcased that here with the same sweater.)
• Cinch it with a belt. A belt not only adds a nice silhouette, but it also brings character to your outfit.
• Wear a fitted bottom. This makes the look more polished and put together. A printed pair of pants would be totally awesome.
• Be creative! Wear a pair of trendy shorts i.e. leather or lace would be tons of fun. Adding a bold scarf would bring this look over the top, in a good way.
Spring means sunshine and pretty skies, but sometimes it comes with chilly air too. When it does, reach for an oversized sweater and rock it well. Good luck!
Shop and Share:
Alphabet Sweater: H&M (similar)
Floral Skirt: Charlotte Russe (similar)
Over-the-Knee Leather Boots: Shoe Dazzle (similar)