I’m facing a new chapter in my life, where a lot of major decisions will need to be made soon. Honestly, I’m quite nervous because these decisions will have a great impact on my life. Being an adult I have to make good, concrete decisions based on wisdom. Wisdom means the act to perform sound judgement. I would have to admit, I haven’t always been able to perform sound judgement in all areas of my life. As I have become older I’ve been better at it.
Some people would say performing sound judgement all the time sounds boring, however I highly disagree. It’s just a cautious way to make the right decisions. Hopefully in the long run you won’t look back and say, “I wish I would have done things differently.” Now by no means am I saying that you will always make the right decisions. You’re human and we all make mistakes. However if you completely think out every situation, I’m sure you will lessen your mistakes.
Are you in the midst of making a tough decision? Here are a few suggestions I use in order to make the right decision:
1. Write down the pros and cons.
• If the pros outweigh the cons, you may be moving in the right direction.
2. Talk with someone who has experienced what you are thinking about.
• Our elders are here to offer wisdom. Why make a hasty decision when someone can offer their assistance?
• Prayer always makes any situation better. When seeking guidance from the Lord you will never go wrong.
Hopefully those tips are helpful to you. If you have any other suggestions feel free to share them. Life is full of many choices, but what shapes our lives are the choices we make. ©