Who doesn’t love caramel popcorn? I’ve been having the “mother of all cravings” for some caramel popcorn forever. Instead of dishing out almost $6 for a bag at the store, I decided to whip up some on my own. It’s just as good as the store bought, if I do say so myself. The cool thing is I already had all these items in my kitchen.
Are you ready to learn how to make this buttery-caramel-dance-in-your-mouth-popcorn?
What you need:
• 1 cup of brown sugar
• 6 tablespoons of butter
• ½ cup of heavy whipping cream
• 1 bag of popcorn (if you’re doing it the old fashioned way, make sure you have at least three fully popped cups)
• 1 pan
• 1 pot
• aluminum foil
1. Turn a stove burner on medium heat, and place a pot on it.
2. Pour 1 cup of brown sugar into the pot, once it starts to caramelize and breakdown lower the heat.
• Mixing the brown sugar in the pot didn’t work for me, because it would harden into clumps. So I poured the mixture of heated butter and whipping cream into a cup along with the brown sugar, and stirred by hand.
3. Pour 6 tablespoons of butter into the pot and continue to stir until they are completely melted.
4. Turn off the heat, and pour a ½ cup of heavy whipping cream into the pot.
5. Continue to stir until mixed well.
6. Let the mix cool down, and preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
7. While the caramel cools, place aluminum foil in the pan.
8. Pop the bag of popcorn (you can do this whenever you want).
9. Once the popcorn is finished place it on the pan, and spread it out evenly.
10. Drizzle the caramel on top of the popcorn evenly. Don’t pour on too much because it may turn the popcorn soggy.
11. Put the pan in the oven for 12 minutes on 250 degrees.
Once it’s finished, let it cool. In 30 minutes or less you can eat up. Yay!
I’ve made three batches already! Caramel popcorn is perfect for a movie or game night snack. Do you think you’ll try this recipe?