After a long day at work I was able to go home and finally make dinner. It was time to try a new recipe. I love trying new foods! Plus, following directions really isn’t that bad after reading them over and over and over again. Ha! This time I made Stuffed Peppers. Now if you are a pepper fan, like moi, this will excite you. I was thrilled with the outcome. I had to add in my own things to make the flavor peak more. But other than that the Stuffed Peppers were amazing. Yay!
Are you itching for the recipe? Peek below!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 55 minutes
What you need:
• 4 large bell peppers (any color)
• 1 lb lean ground beef
• 2 tablespoons chopped onion
• 1 cup cooked rice
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1 can (15 oz) Muir Glen® organic tomato sauce
• ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 oz)
AK Tip: I also added garlic powder, and extra salt
1. Cut thin slice from stem end of each bell pepper to remove the top. Take out seeds and membranes; rinse peppers. (If necessary, cut thin slice from bottom of each pepper so they stand up straight.) In large cooking pot, add enough water to cover peppers. Heat to boiling; add peppers. Cook about 2 minutes; drain.
2. Grab a skillet, cook beef and onions over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in rice, salt, garlic and 1 cup of the tomato sauce; cook until hot.
3. Heat oven to 350°F.
4. Stuff peppers with beef mixture. Stand peppers upright in ungreased square baking dish. Pour remaining tomato sauce over peppers.
5. Cover tightly with foil. Bake 10 minutes. Uncover and bake about 15 minutes longer or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Seriously Stuffed Peppers are so easy to make. They are extra delicious too. Give it a try!