I didn’t feel that well this weekend. But I still mustered up enough energy to visit French Lick, IN. The decision was made to explore Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park and Resort, the French Lick Hotel and West Baden Hotel. It was about a two and a half hour drive from Indianapolis, far… but not too far. It’s always nice to getaway, which I try as often as I can. I made sure I took enough pictures and gathered some information just for you peeps of course.
Big Splash Adventure Indoor Water Park & Resort
This was such a fun place to explore. Big Splash is 4,000 square feet of water park fun. The entertainment value is amazing. Perfect for a family getaway. Besides the water park there is laser tag, golf and a game room. Yes, plenty to do. Here are some more fun facts:
• Big Splash is the largest indoor water park with a retractable roof in the United States.
• The twelve themed water features include 4 slide tubes, a 318’ lazy river with many unique water features, a wet deck play area, activity pool, tot wading pool & tot bouncers, and 25 person tropical hot tub.
• Four onsite options for dining are available: A themed buffet restaurant for families, a lounge for parents to slip away and unwind after an active day with the kids, or a food court in the arcade. Room service is also available.
• The water park has a 2,000 square foot zero entry outdoor pool with a large patio lounge area.
• My package included the room, water park passes, full hot breakfast, $12 in arcade tokens and admission for 4 to play one round of Laser Tag or Cosmic Mini Golf at their sister property SHOTZ. Score! For more information click here and peek at my photos below.
Downside to Water Park/Resort:
Slow Internet: The Internet connection is extremely slow. I could barely blog there, look up nearby restaurants or even download things. It was horrible!
Heavy Chlorine: It was hard to breathe in the water park. It was like you were breathing in a foggy midst. The chlorine is extra heavy. I’ve been to indoor water parks before, and never experienced it that thick in the atmosphere.
The Yellow Slide: This thing was deathly. I mean some people obviously enjoyed it, because they repeatedly risked their life. But I talked to others that hated it. It jerks you every which way. It sucks the breath out of you and then plunges you in water. It’s really intense!
During the trip I also got to take tours of the infamous French Lick and West Baden Hotel. Both are exceptional places.
French Lick Hotel
This hotel is huge! Gigantic, just like the West Baden (mentioned below). It was beautiful inside as well. French Lick has 443 guest rooms and suites, golf courses and more. It was very elegant singing in colors of gold and ivory. It’s rich in culture and history too. Peek here for more information. Also check out my photos.
West Baden Hotel
Next door to the French Lick Hotel is West Baden Hotel. It is absolutely gorgeous. My eyes popped out my head as I walked into the grand room. It’s stunning. This hotel includes riding stables, 243 guest rooms and suites, retail shops and more. Don’t take just take my word for it. Peek at my photos below. Oh and for more information about this exquisite, high-class hotel click here.
This was a great getaway. Indy has some wonderful places to explore—so get discovering.