The Super Bowl has come and gone just like every year. In 2012 it happened to be in good ole Indiana, my home state. This year the spotlight was in New Orleans and on Beyonce’s halftime performance. While the highly anticipated show was underway I whipped up some super amazing treats in the kitchen. I’ve been trying new recipes, and this time it happened to be bacon wrapped salmon and rice krispie treats. Since I can’t share the food with you all I decided to at least dish out the recipes.
AK’s Note: The bacon wrapped salmon was very appetizing. However, I must admit the two meats didn’t quite mesh. I’m not sure if it was the two different textures or the two competing flavors.
Bacon Wrapped Salmon Ingredients
• Skin-on salmon fillets
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• salt, pepper or other seasonings for taste
• ½ pound of bacon
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Place the salmon fillets onto the baking sheet skin-side-down. Sprinkle the fillets with garlic powder, dill, salt, and pepper. Lay the bacon strips over the fillets to cover completely. Do not overlap the bacon strips. *Note: I wrapped the bacon around instead of laying it flat.
Bake in the preheated oven until the salmon is no longer translucent in the center, 20 to 25 minutes. Turn the oven on to broil and cook until the bacon has crisped, 1 to 2 minutes.
AK’s Note: Rice Krispies are so scrumptious. These are best right after they are done. There is nothing like marshmallow goodness dancing on your tongue. Plus they are so easy to make.
Rice Krispies Ingredients:
• 3 tablespoons of butter
• 4 cups of miniature marshmallows
• 6 cups of Kellogs Rice Krispies cereal
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Kellogg’s Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using a buttered spatula evenly press mixture into a pan coated with cooking spray. Let them cool a bit, then serve.
I had so much fun trying these new recipes. Next I will be mixing my marshmallows with one of my favorite cereals, Fruity Pebbles. Yum!