I’ve been praying for Aria since before I even knew I was pregnant with her. I remember being in high school praying for my future kids. Yup! I was that kid.
Now that my daughter is here we have Quiet Time in the mornings… well it’s not really quiet since I have a nonstop babbling baby that’s on the move, but it’s close enough. During this time I will read a chapter in the Bible aloud to her. Then I will pray with her. The greatest feeling is when Aria looks up at me and smiles.
Even though she doesn’t understand it now, I know I am setting a foundation for her and one day she’ll look forward to those precious moments together. It’s important to start early. Of course some mornings are too hectic for us to have QT time together, but even if Aria is not with me I confess these prayers during my own personal time as well.
I thought I’d share some of my prayers for my daughter with you today, and maybe you could use them for your child as well. If you have any prayers/scriptures you would like to share please feel free to do so in the comment section. I’d love to add more to my ongoing list.
- Jesus, I thank you that Aria will come to know you at an early age and that you will become her true best friend. 2 Timothy 3:15
- I pray that Aria will live wholeheartedly for and be pleasing to God. Romans 12: 1-2
- Father God, I thank you that Aria will respect those in authority over her. Romans 13:1
- I thank you that my child will follow the plans and purpose that you have for her life. Jeremiah 29:11
- Jesus, I thank you that Aria can recognize sin and run from it. James 4:7
- Jesus I thank you that Aria will have a sense of responsibility and that she’s advanced in all she does based on her ethics and attitude. Daniel 6:3
- I pray that Aria will be protected from the evil one in every area of her life— spiritual, emotional, and physical. John 17:15
- I pray that Aria will desire friendships that will uplift and encourage her and that she would be protected from those who would seek to tear her down. 1 Corinthians 15:33
- Lord, I thank you that Aria will grow in God’s wisdom and knowledge everyday. 1 Peter 3:18
- I thank you that Aria has a wall of protection around her— keeping out the plans of the enemy. Job 1:10
Thanks for stopping by,