I wish I still had spring breaks to go on. I loved getting an entire week off school. Although I had those occasional teachers that assigned work over break too. By the way that was so wrong! Anyways I wasn’t able to travel during my spring break, but I was quite the creative bee. Just because you are stuck at home doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. I know looking outside right now doesn’t remind you of spring either. But excitement is all around you my friend. I have some AK suggestions just for you. Your house is about to have a fun attack.
1. Make an avocado face mask: There are extreme health benefits in using avocado on the skin. Gather up the girls and get to slicing the avocado. Add some beach blankets on the floor or your favorite chair, and throw on some soothing music. Click here to find an easy way to create an avocado face mask.
2. Organize your closet/jewelry: Spring cleaning just became more fashionable. What better time to clean than on break? Get your outfits organized for spring, experiment by mixing and matching, or just make your space neat. Take it a step further and organize your jewelry too. The Container Store has a cute and affordable jewelry organizer here.
3. Throw a makeover party: Girls enjoy getting all dolled up. Throw a party, invite your friends and do each other’s nails, hair, and makeup. Ulta has some great selections here. Oh, and don’t forget to take photos.
4. Bake your favorite treats: My friend told me she made a mustache cake the other day–too cool. And you all know I fell in love with my Apple Pie in an Apple treat, click here for the recipe. Pinterest has some creative food ideas too. If you want some simple treats, click here for ideas. Just because outside is gloomy, doesn’t mean your kitchen should be too.
5. Read a book: I love getting lost in the pages of wonderful books. It’s truly feels like you are escaping from your own little world. Take your mind for a ride in a good book. Who knows, you may learn something new.
6. Watch your favorite movies/T.V. Shows: If you’re like me, sometimes you can’t watch your favorite shows when they actually premiere. Thank God for DVRs and Netflix! Those tools allow you to catch up on your favorite T.V. shows, or re-watch them. Or tune into a new/old movie using your Netflix.
7. Relax: Spring break is meant to relax. I’m sure you could use the sleep too. Get your beauty rest, although don’t waste your day away. ZZZzzz! I hope you have fun during your break. Remember you can make your own fun.