I’m told one of the comments below almost everyday. No joke. It’s interesting how my belly draws attention. Sometimes the comments are sweet and encouraging. Other times they are a little extreme. As I said before, being pregnant is like an open invitation for everyone to comment or offer you their advice whether you asked for it or not. There is no filter in these streets.
Here are some comments I’ve heard throughout my pregnancy journey.
1. You’re going to have the cutest baby.
2. How far along are you? You’re so small! I was huge during my pregnancy.
3. Sleep now. You won’t be getting any rest once baby arrives.
4. You’re having a girl? Good luck with her attitude once she’s older.
5. You’re eating for two. Eat some more. I know you’re hungry!
6. Parenthood is so fun. You’re going to love it.
7. You’re going to be a great mom.
8. Do you want any more kids after this one?
9. How do you feel?
11. Are you going to breastfeed?
12. Your whole life is about to change?
13. You have the cutest bump. You look great.
14. What have you bought for the baby?
15. Do everything now, because you won’t get anything done once baby is here.
16. What are you craving? I ate everything while I was pregnant.
17. I’m sure you are tired.
18. Are you ready? The baby will be here before you know it.
19. Do you plan on having a natural birth, or will you get an epidural?
20. My delivery went like this… (I’ve only heard a few stories that were not traumatizing.)
I’m sure there are tons more but that’s all I can think of for now. What do you think of my list? What are some things you’ve heard while pregnant?
Thanks for stopping by,